10th Grade Five Points U
Goals and Objectives:
- The student will be able to comprehend and analyze information from various sources (textbooks, the Internet, newspapers, etc.)
- The student will be able to convey ideas and information both orally and in writing in an organized and accurate manner using appropriate vocabulary.
- The student will be able to comprehend and interpret selected works of literature in English.
- The student will be able to work both individually and cooperatively in pairs and groups.
- Grammar: review of tenses learned so far, perfect tenses, relative pronouns, reported speech, conditional sentences, prepositions, phrasal verbs, punctuation
- Writing: expressing your opinion, describing an event, person or place
- Reading: learning comprehension strategies, expanding vocabulary
- Literature; understanding setting, structure, tone, themes, narrative voice and character development in short stories and poems in English (HOTS and LOTS).
- Extensive Reading: Improving fluency in English through independent reading of four books chosen by the student (and approved by the teacher).
- How to use a dictionary
Books and Resources:
- Oxford Student Dictionary – English-English-Hebrew
- Grammar in Focus by Dray, Koren, Ronen, Baum and Sheba
- Bridges by Anna Garty and Ditza Verter
- Bridges Workbook byAriella Kopels and Heidi Schwartz
- Extensive Reading
- Writing assignments
- Homework and class participation
|Selection||File type icon||File name||Description||Size||Revision||Time||User|